Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness



So, this week I was taken to the local theatre to see what would be my very first ballet piece. I lost my virginity to an enticing two hour long performance called Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness by Spanish choreographer Nacho Duato - a modern dance piece based entirely on Johann Sebastian Bach's music. *orgasm* It was a very fluid and sensual (even sexual, I dare say) choreography with a few humorous insinuations. I have no other reference for comparison so the impact it had on me was significant. I was amazed by the dancers' perfect execution of the movements because so far I had never observed it this close or with that much attention. I honestly never really cared for ballet but it won all my respect as the truly high form of art that it is. I will certainly try to attend more of these events in the future.

Performance by the Bayerisches Staatsballet Ensemble 2011/2012.

0 fruits commented:

Post a Comment