Music for 2013 | Part II

Let's skip the introduction this time.

...Like Clockwork
by Queens of the Stone Age
* * * * *
I remember mentioning at some point that I would rather talk about the cover art instead of writing dreadful short blurbs like this one... You know, talking about something closer to my expertise, something I actually have a clue about... I never ended up doing that, so here it goes... ARTWORK BY BONEFACE. (On a more serious note: check out the videos for the new songs.)

Nocturnes
by Little Boots
* * * * *
If you're into Saint Etienne you should check this out. I could also excuse this as a guilty pleasure but I'm not going to do that. This is in fact a nicely crafted and chill pop album with some disco flair. The production is a lot more mature in comparison to the debut (from which I only ended up keeping a few selected songs). Also good music to drive to.

Silence Yourself
by Savages
* * * * *
Siouxsie and the Banshees. Joy Division. X-Ray Spex. Wire. Sonic Youth. Gang of Four. Sleater-Kinney. Bauhaus. The Organ. Television. Lush. The Velvet Underground. Patti Smith. Magazine. Alien Sex Fiend. PJ Harvey. The Cure. Le Tigre. Specimen. Public Image Ltd.


Also worth mentioning:
True Romance by Charli XCX
I See Seaweed by The Drones
Trouble Will Find Me by The National
Floating Coffin by Thee Oh Sees
Das Tor by Paysage d'Hiver
Shaking The Habitual by The Knife

Music for 2013 | Part I

0 fruits commented:

Post a Comment