Music for 2011 - Part 3

Lots of new stuff lately. I had to make a small selection to be featured here. People need to stop complaining about how modern music sucks. There is so much good stuff out there, you just need to make a bigger effort other than turning on the radio. To make things easier I'm linking every album cover to a song I enjoy by the respective artist and from the respective album, of course.


Total
by SebastiAn
6.5/10
Party music! This is a quite varied electro house album. Unfortunately there are a lot of annoying and harsh interludes/songs scattered throughout the whole record. Still worth trying out.


Summer, Jesus
by Soviet Soviet
8/10
I thought I had enough of new post-punk revival bands... until I heard this one! A familiar style but refreshing sound on this EP.


Strange Mercy
by St. Vincent
7.3/10
Annie Clark is adorable. In this album: cruel and merciless fun music to stomp around to.


Baroque Primitiva
by Alvarius B
6.8/10
Started listening to this without any desirability. But being queued with all my new music I just left it playing. Before I realized I was humming songs I couldn't recall where I got them from. This definitely deserves a spot on my lists.


Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
by M83
6.9/10
I was really excited for this release when the single Midnight City came out. Unfortunately it's a bit of a let-down. As a double album it comes with too much filler and could have been


Telebossa
by Telebossa
6.7/10
This is the James Blake of Bossa Nova. I hate James Blake but I meant this as a compliment.


Knife Man
by Andrew Jackson Jihad
??/10
The Michael Jordan Of Drunk Driving, Fucc The Devil, Zombie By The Cranberries By Andrew Jackson Jihad,... Another fun one, but guys: it's getting too much now.


Gravity the Seducer
by Ladytron
6.4/10
Strong singles but slightly underwhelming album. Needs more discotraxx!


We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves
by John Maus
8.2/10
Reviving music styles from 20/30 years ago has been fashionable for a while now. But (as far as I've heard) no one took the same approach John Maus has been trying out. This album sounds like an 80s sci-fi movie soundtrack. Or like floating through infinite galaxies à la 2001: A Space Odyssey and being displaced in endless, dark, neon-lighted futuristic cityscapes of Blade Runner. Or Joy Division composing for The Neverending Story. Or something like that. Just listen to it. It is also less goofier than previous releases but stilljust as inane and dopey.



Fore more music here is Part 1 and Part 2.

0 fruits commented:

Post a Comment