Music for 2012 - Part 4

So before I publish my totally reductive and subjective top albums list at the end of the year, I'd like to present a few more new records that I've been enjoying (and that you also might like?) lately.

2
by Mac DeMarco
6.9/10
A seductive and seemingly effortless guitar playing invites you to dive into a lazy-sunny-sunday-afternoon kind of mood. Cool album. Very lightweight and breezy jangle pop, nothing more needs to be said.

Dar De Duh
by Dordeduh
7.1/10
I completely lost track of metal (releases) this year... Blame my not so metal-friendly circle of friends. However, I discovered this little gem from Negură Bunget ex-band members and have been enjoying the profuse and multifaceted sounds on it (specially the Romanian folk chants). And yeah, I'm aware that it has a silly name, duh.

Love and Regret
by Cold Showers
8/10
Yes, I did listen to this album 13 times in a row the other day. I couldn't help it, this is exactly my kind of music: danceable melancholic post-punk. Nothing for those of you seeking something groundbreaking. With this said, let's hope post-punk revival is finally dead now.

See also: Music for 2012 - Part 1 | Music for 2012 - Part 2 | Music for the summer ☼ | Music for 2012 - Part 3

0 fruits commented:

Post a Comment